X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are people launching surveys banned

Surveys invade privacy.

The person conducting the survey isn't really interested in www.campingforums.com . They are only interested in their survey.

I'm open to suggestions and opinions from other campateers why a moderator should allow someone asking for honest, caring, registered members to complete a survey?

Usually they are banned from the get-go, why should they be allowed to be approved?
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Re: Why are people launching surveys banned

havent seen a survey here
    but ones ive seen on other forums are usually pretty amateurish,
    not well designed,
    mostly students using the freebie sites for some school project.
    if its an individuals survey, should be up to the mods,
    if its a commercial survey, well thats a form of free advertising and they should become a site sponsor before being allowed to post a survey

Comment

Re: Why are people launching surveys banned

Reckon I should just close this thread having given someone a chuckle. But the reason I left this thread open was that I was seeking some honest discussion, which I did get.

One of the last people to have their survey approved involved asking questions about cooking foods. Most campateers gave good responses except for one that teased the person who tried to offer the survey. Then in the second moderated message by the surveyor resulted in using cuss words/name calling and therefore I didn't want bitterness and strife to raise it's ugly head, that the only recourse that seemed plausible was to ban the survey and surveyor. That's is when I discovered I shall no longer approve surveys by individuals seeking information to get a grade on a project.

Then I offered to open this can of worms to our public since it is a forum. But that was shot down quickly. Henceforth Surveys are banned as moderated threads. The subject is closed!
      Last edited by renodesertfox; 03-04-2013, 01:58 PM.
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Working...
      X