The New Look - Hate it - Love it - I'll Live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The New Look - Hate it - Love it - I'll Live

I've always wondered how much you get when people click on the ads. Do you get more money if we actually click on links inside the website you linked to? What if we actually buy something from that site? I'll start visiting the ads more even if it's something I'm not interested in.
    May you always have love to share,
    Health to spare
    And friends that care.

Comment

The easiest way that camping forums receives a little kick-back to the site, is when a campateer buys something through one on the ads. For example...Suppose you decided to buy and download some mp3 or a CD of music from Amazon. Well, if the campateer logs on here first and then uses the Amazon link found here in the ads....then whatever that campateer purchases a little bit is kick-backed to camping forums. It is that simple. You don't have to limit yourself to purchase camping gear, just use the links through this forum. It's really easy! We do it all the time, just about everything except cream for our coffee is purchased on-line these days!
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by renodesertfox View Post
        The easiest way that camping forums receives a little kick-back to the site, is when a campateer buys something through one on the ads. For example...Suppose you decided to buy and download some mp3 or a CD of music from Amazon. Well, if the campateer logs on here first and then uses the Amazon link found here in the ads....then whatever that campateer purchases a little bit is kick-backed to camping forums. It is that simple. You don't have to limit yourself to purchase camping gear, just use the links through this forum. It's really easy! We do it all the time, just about everything except cream for our coffee is purchased on-line these days!

Good info, I did not know this. Thank You!
        My Other Interest

Comment

Originally posted by nearlywild View Post
          I've always wondered how much you get when people click on the ads. Do you get more money if we actually click on links inside the website you linked to? What if we actually buy something from that site? I'll start visiting the ads more even if it's something I'm not interested in.
          It depends. The Google ads pay just for being shown. With our traffic it pays about $30 a year. The others only pay for click throughs and then actual purchases. I am trying to pick up camping and gear based ads so we can us the companies we would normally purchase from. I buy a ton of stuff from REI. They finally approved us for ads.

Ads don't seem so bad when they are things we are interested in.
          JohnJohn
          ---------
          Forum Admin

Comment

Originally posted by renodesertfox View Post
            True. However I had to stop using my Amazon ads. They stopped paying ad vendors in Colorado. Due to to some legislation that was passed here in my state.
            JohnJohn
            ---------
            Forum Admin

Comment

So just clicking on the ad doesn't help, you have to actually buy something too?
              Health to spare
              And friends that care.

Comment

Originally posted by nearlywild View Post
                So just clicking on the ad doesn't help, you have to actually buy something too?
                Most only pay with purchase. However just viewing them helps long term.

If you do a lot of shopping online. Let me know where and I'll try and set up ads with them. Most pay between 2-5% of the purchase.
                JohnJohn
                ---------
                Forum Admin

Comment

Off the top of the skull, we like http://www.woolovers.com they have great 100% wool sweaters from England. We own about 10 sweaters each and we really like their products!
                  Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
                  Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

We mostly use Amazon, ebay, and walmart.com. Dh uses http://www.runningwarehouse.com/ for his running shoes. Cabellas is another and http://www.prospectoroutfitters.com/ and http://www.outdoorkids.com/.
                    Health to spare
                    And friends that care.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnJohn View Post
                      Most only pay with purchase. However just viewing them helps long term.

If you do a lot of shopping online. Let me know where and I'll try and set up ads with them. Most pay between 2-5% of the purchase.
                      Cabellas.com, Altrec.com, Backcountryedge.com, REI.com, Campmor.com to name those off the top of my head. As I come across more, I'll send them.
                      Chuck
                      So. Oregon
                      TRAIL NAME:Billy's Buddy
                      TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
                      SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Comment

I remember my first camping trip. I was eleven years old. Me and several other neighborhood kids decided to sleep out on the flood-wall overnight. With mom's permission and dad's WW-II sleeping bag, I joined the others about sundown. Before laying out our beds, we had to make a last minute run to the local store for rations: Rainbo bread, bologna, and Pepsi. Now we were prepared to set up camp and venture through the night. First task at hand was to find a smooth spot to lay our sleeping bags. One of the kids had a Coleman lantern, which we placed in the center of us since we had formed somewhat of a circle.
                        <a href=http://www.campingfoodideas.net/fast...-camping-meals>Easy Camping Meals</a>

Comment

Working...
                        X