Why was I banned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why was I banned?

Why was I banned from this forum as a spammer? My old screen name ShawnBebout was banned as a spammer. Now under that screen name it says "I'm a scammer" and I see a notice of a permanent ban when I log in. My last post was a cut, copy and paste for a meatball recipe that is no longer on the forum. I know immortal ben and glitter hiker had commented on the post, then when I went to log in I was banned. I had over 190 posts and was in good standing. If some spam showed up under my account then I would like to know, cause that would mean I was hacked or I have a virus.

Can someone please help me with this?
    Nights camped in 2019: 24
    Nights camped in 2018: 24

Re: Why was I banned?

I will look into this matter immediately!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

I do not recall ever seeing anything bad from ShawnBebout. I hope this gets resolved quickly.
      Nights spent outside in 2012: 4

Life is a verb.

Comment

The only person that can resolve this is JohnJohn...I have messaged him numerous times. Thanks for your patience.

Comment

I have to say.. I really dislike how this forum is kind of left to fend for itself with little help or oversight from TPTB (the powers that be).

It makes one wonder if 'they" care about this forum at all...

I do not include renodesertfox in "they".
          Last edited by immortal_ben; 03-09-2012, 02:05 PM.

Life is a verb.

Comment

From the way I understand it, there is the rarely seen page owner and then one moderator. RDF does an excellent job but has been super busy with his move lately.
            May you always have love to share,
            Health to spare
            And friends that care.

Comment

Originally posted by renodesertfox View Post
              Thanks for your patience.
              Your welcome. My "Patience" does bring a lot of joy to my life, as well as others that know her. Thanks for looking into it for me.

BTW, If you don't get the joke, my daughters name is "Patience".

Comment

Sorry Shawn, I'm doing what I can......

Comment

RDF, what is the update on this situation?

Life is a verb.

Comment

It's still pending. And I apologize for accidentally banning Shawn. He likes this site and has taken the time to go through the moderation period. I'm being more diligent. The site owner many years ago gave me much authority but not all. I've tried all the tricks available but some things I just don't have control. If anyone believes that I should step aside, then they need to get in touch JohnJohn.

Comment

thanks for your efforts reno

Comment

RDF, I don't think any blames you AT ALL for this situation. We all realize that your hands are tied.

Personally, I blame this entire situation on the owner of the site and I am now so hacked off about it that if things are not resolved in fairly short order, I am going to bail on this forum.

No, that is not an ultimatum. I do not think this forum revolves around me. I am simply stating that if the owner of the forum does not care about posters being here, I will stop being here.

Life is a verb.

Comment

IB thank you for your heartfelt response. I cannot undo a ban, it was a mistake on my part and I'm still trying to correct the situation. I've apologized plenty. If this is how you feel, I empathize with you. Thank you for being here as much as you have, you have been a boon to this forum and you will be missed. I cannot speak for anyone but myself and I too am disheartened by my mistake. I cannot speak for the site owner.

Comment

I certainly enjoy this forum more than any other outdoor forum I am on. I hope it does not come to any of us leaving.

I have to commend ShawnBebout for being more patient than I would have been in his situation.

Life is a verb.

Comment

Well, now that you mention it again. There have been other great campers over the years that have come and gone way before IB or HS. Some have stayed through thick & thin too they know who they are. Life moves on. Nuff said!

Comment

Working...
                              X