Arkansas State Parks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arkansas State Parks

Just thought I'd introduce myself to the board. I work for Arkansas State Parks and would be glad to answer any questions about camping in the Natural State. I have hiked and camped all over the state and if I haven't been there I know someone who has. Anyway, just wanted to post a taste of what we have to offer:

Arkansas State Parks - Making Memories

Originally posted by OutdoorJoe View Post
    Just thought I'd introduce myself to the board. I work for Arkansas State Parks and would be glad to answer any questions about camping in the Natural State. I have hiked and camped all over the state and if I haven't been there I know someone who has. Anyway, just wanted to post a taste of what we have to offer:

Arkansas State Parks - Making Memories
    thanks for the link. I checked out the state park page (good web site) and the future holds a trip there. A fall trip to the mountains maybe.....
    2006 GMC Sierra 1500 HD Crewcab
    2004 Rockwood Freedom 1640 LTD
    I am not lost, I am here

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...ost=good-times

Comment

Let me know when you start planning. I'll be glad to answer any questions I can.

Comment

Great, fall is beautiful in both the Ozarks and Ouachitas. Let me know what kind of sites you're looking for and I'll see if I can help you find the right places. My wife and I will be backpacking in the Ouachitas to check out the fall color this year. With the wet summer we've had I'm expecting great color.

Comment

Originally posted by jpurdy View Post
          thanks for the link. I checked out the state park page (good web site) and the future holds a trip there. A fall trip to the mountains maybe.....
          Let me know if I can help with any information on your visit.

Comment

Let me know if I can help with anything.

Comment

Originally posted by OutdoorJoe View Post
              Let me know if I can help with anything.
              When the planning starts I'll drop a note to you, thanks
              between the gas prices and the fluctuating financial status this might be delayed.
              2006 GMC Sierra 1500 HD Crewcab
              2004 Rockwood Freedom 1640 LTD
              I am not lost, I am here

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...ost=good-times

Comment

Wow, sorry about all the posts. When I first replied it didn't seem to work. Of course I kept trying. Not sure what happened.

Comment

I'm planning to head to Hot Springs for the Thanksgiving weekend and I'm planning to camp at Lake Ouachita State Park.

Other than hike, trail run, see the hot springs national park, and possibly try the hot spring bath houses, i don't have any other plans.

OutdoorJoe, do you have any suggestions other than that. I plan on driving from Texas to Hot Springs on Thanksgiving day, and staying through Sunday.

Thanks.

Comment

Sorry it took so long to get back to you.

If you mountain bike you'll find a lot of riding opportunities in the area. Also, on the way up or back I'd recommend a stop at Crater of Diamonds State Park where you can dig for Diamonds and keep what you find. (Only place like that in the world). Someone found an over two carat this weekend and we think it's flawless. Kind of cool.

Other ideas include the Gangster Museum (many of Chicago's underworld vacationed in HS in the day), Wax Museum, Mid-America Science Museum and the Duck Tours. Also, if you like to eat there are some really great spots. A favorite would be McClards BBQ. All the in crowd stops by this dive for awesome wet ribs. You can also look on the Hot Springs Web site.

Let me know if you're interested in the mountain biking that's a post in itself. One last thing. Scenic Highway 7 goes through Hot Springs so if you like a beautiful drive check out that road. One of the prettiest drives in the state.

Enjoy your trip!

Comment

Let me know if you mountain bike. I can give you a lot of ideas for that.

Their is a lot to do in Hot Springs. My kids always enjoy the Mid-America Science Museum which you will see signs for when you are heading from Hot Springs to Lake Ouachita. They also just opened a Gangster Museum in Hot Springs. I haven't been there yet but it sounds cool.

In the park you can rent kayaks and paddle all over the place. Plus they will have some interpretive programs you can enjoy.

On the way home to Texas get off I-30 in Hope and check out Historic Washington State Park. The whole town is a state park. You can get some great county cooking at Williams Tavern, check out the courthouse, gun museum and other really cool stuff. The town is where the Bowie Knife was invented and the key figures of the Alamo made their plans in Washington. It's a nice piece of Texas, Arkansas and American history.

Comment

Arkansas State Parks

Wow Washington looks amazing Its hard to believe that all those pictures are just one state. The picture of the Palouse looks pretty crazt, I might have to look up more info on that

Comment

Working...
                        X