Backpack Camping - Apocalypse Preparation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backpack Camping - Apocalypse Preparation

Hello, Im from Northwestern Illinois my boyfriend and his friends want to go camping... They want to live in the woods for a weekend and try and see what it would take to survive with only tools.

I was wondering if there is any place in Iowa/Illinois/Wisconsin where you can hike trails, camp in the woods, and find pounds/lakes to fish at without having to be at an actual campsite with a bunch of other people.

They go on and on about how when the apocalypse happens they are going to live in the woods and I laugh so hard. Ive never even seen my boyfriend catch a fish so I really want to find a place to stick us in the woods so i can show them my skills! I grew up hunting and fishing with my father so I cant wait either way.

Thanks

Re: Backpack Camping - Apocalypse Preparation

I don't think there are any places that match your description within a few hours of your town. Check out the national forests in Northern Wisconsin, Michigan, Minnesota which would be at least a 5+ hour drive from Sterling. I hope your friends aren't that serious about the "apocalypse", whatever that is. Have fun and don't count on being able to "survive" without some forethought and/or training and of course, the proper equipment. I am sure there are guys on this forum who can share some of their survival skills.

Comment

Re: Backpack Camping - Apocalypse Preparation

I see this all the time around the internet. People watch Bear Grylls sleeping in a tree and think its fun, or a sport.
      Camping on the other hand, is a blast. I love primitive camping, and when i go, i make sure i take plenty of gear with me.
      Search on google for primitive camping in your state. There's bound to be some places somewhat close to you.

Comment

Working...
      X