Va campers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Va campers

Va campers speak up!!!!!! I know I cant be the only one from Va. or can I? lol

I'm from MD but we come down to VA to camp often.

I just posted a review of GWNF in the forum at the top, but I guess it has to be approved before its viewable. I found it to be not very good and the rangers were like damn babysitters.

I guess wait until it's up to see what I had to say.

Comment

We've done VA and WVA for 10 years.. Then along came the kids and it had to go on hold a bit. I have my 3 yr old making tents in the living room and reading stories about camping.

Our trend was to drive the extra 40 minutes to get just over the WV line into GW National Forest. Much fewer rules and MANY less people than the Shan National Park...

The only downside to camping in VA / WVA is the heat. Originally from the north, we only go in spring and fall. The summer is simply OUT...

Also - Ticks!
      Camping gear at http://www.miserlymonkey.com

Comment

WV here! I know what you mean about the summers being entirely too hot for camping. There seems to be a small window in late spring and early fall when the temperatures are 'just right.'

Why'd you stop camping just because the kids came along? You can't go backpacking of course, but camping with kids is fun! I have 3 boys, 7, 4, and 6 months. They love camping, and we have a blast together!

Comment

Working...
        X