Looking for nice Cape Cod Campground

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for nice Cape Cod Campground

I originally misposted this to the tent camping forum; as the subject states, I am looking for a nice camping location in Cape Cod, MA. My daughter (9) has the camping bug and this is her request for a summer camping excursion. I don't want to let her down and have her lose interest in camping. I'm looking for a family friendly camp ground that will support tent camping of a family of 4. Scenic would be nice, but my wife isn't exactly "hardcore" so flushing facilities are a must. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Re: Looking for nice Cape Cod Campground

Oh goodness, it's getting late to book Cape Cod! The state parks open up booking 6 months in advance so I think you are going to need to check www.reserveamerica.com daily at this point.

Nickerson State Park is the only state park on the lower Cape and it's pretty nice for your needs. Curfews are strictly enforced for noise. I think it's 10:00PM. Flush toilets and shower facilities. Some of the sites are a little too tight spacewise for me but given your time constraints I'd suggest taking whatever you can get , learn the lay of the land and pick and choose another trip.

North of Highland Campingground in North Truro is supposed to be good as well. I've never stayed there but friends speak well of it.

https://capecodcamping.com/

Have fun wherever you wind up going!
    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Working...
    X