Need Recommendation for campground near Boston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Recommendation for campground near Boston

My family is planning to go camping for the first time together either this weekend or the weekend after Labor Day. One of the objectives is to get my wife to like camping. But as a camping novice myself, I don't much much about the camping areas near Boston.

What I'm looking for is family-oriented (I have two young kids), quite, woodsy, tent-friendly campground, preferably with a brook nearby. I'm willing to drive for as much as 2.5 hours, but hopefully not more.

I've read some reviews on RVparkreviews.com, but not all campgrounds have been reviewed recently, and the reviews were written mostly from RVer's perspective. In any event, Fransted Family Camping Ground in Franconia, NH looks promising from the reviews, except that it may be a little too cold at night there. (My foremost objective being making this trip enjoyable for my wife...)

Any recommendation?

Re: Need Recommendation for campground near Boston

This may help a little:

http://www.dmoz.org/Recreation/Outdo...Massachusetts/

Good Luck! Advance planning is crucial, waiting for the last minute there's a lot to check out. Hope this helps some....
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by renodesertfox View Post
      This may help a little:

http://www.dmoz.org/Recreation/Outdo...Massachusetts/

Good Luck! Advance planning is crucial, waiting for the last minute there's a lot to check out. Hope this helps some....
      Thanks! Really helpful info!

Comment

If you have any military affiliations the 4th Cliff Rec Area is to the south of Boston on a cliff top overlooking the beach. Spent 5 days there recently and it was great. The headland is the mouth of a river so you get both beach and river from the one site. Bathrooms a bit of a walk but not too bad. My wife and three little kids loved it.
        Total night under canvas 2012: 22

Comment

Working...
        X