help with finding campground in nj or eastern PA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with finding campground in nj or eastern PA

Hello, I am looking for a campground anywhere in NJ or in northeastern, central or south eastern pa. It would be amazing to go to ricketts glen again, but too much of a hike. (get my pun?? HA) I just looked at worthington state forest and was about to book a reservation, when i saw pictures of the actual campsites. I do not like camping in what looks like a picnic ground. I do not consider it camping unless i am surrounded by trees (think pine barrens). I am into photography so I would love to go somewhere that is known to have wildlife scurrying about. We we to high point state park, but we wanted to try something new. Would be amazing to have a site on the water but not a deal breaker. any help is greatly appreciated!

Re: help with finding campground in nj or eastern PA

I have been in just about every campground state/national forest and park in both of these states, I think you will find the that Worthington and Ricketts Glenn are to entirely different geographies.

You can try Jenny Jump SF in Warren Co, NJ. It is quite nice and near the Delaware Water Gap. There is quite a bit of wildlife there. Len Rue III lives in that county and he has done a lot of wildlife photography.

Another is High Point State Park in NJ. But, for the Piney experience I would say Worthington or Belle Plain SF would put you in the heart of the Pine Barrens. The hikes are easy with no elevation, but you have to watch out for the NJ Devil (Chiggers). LOL I lived south of the PB for 35 years along the Delaware Bay and spent quite a bit of time amongst the pines looking for the legend.

Good luck and have fun.

Comment

Working...
    X