Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tent camping around Zion, Arches, Bryce, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tent camping around Zion, Arches, Bryce, etc.

We are planning a two family tent camping trip between Arches and Zion, seeing as much as possible in about 4 days. We'd specifically like to spend one night in Arches, two nights in Zion and 1-2 days somewhere in between. We will have 5 children, ages 7-17, and will NEED SHOWERS and flush toilets for the less-rustically inclined campers in our group. It's okay to be a private, somewhat more crowded RV-type park, but I don't know the area at all (only camped one night in Moab 15 years ago) so I just need some advice. Best towns to look into, or a favorite campground?

Also, if anyone knows of great campgrounds with above mentioned requirements near Boise (we are breaking the trip around there from Seattle) that would be great also.

Welcome to the forum!

Generally most national parks do not have shower facilities but they have flush toilets. However in Utah as well as most other western states their state parks do have shower facilities and there might be state parks nearby to the national parks that you have questions about.

To answer those questions about specific national park, I suggest that you go to Reserve America dot com and look up each place that interests you. Click on each description tab and read their descriptions. If you still have questions each place has a telephone number to call to ask further questions. It's been a number of years since I have been to those parks in Utah. There are other members of our forum who have recently been there and if can wait a few weeks you'll probably get more answers than the one I'm providing. Good luck! Check out Utah State Parks nearby to the national parks if you must have shower facilities, or sponge bathe when tent camping...we do!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

I camped in Zion for 9 days a couple years ago and made use of solar showers, I felt just as clean after a solar shower as I would in a regular shower!

Zion is an amazing and beautiful place!

Here is some info you may find helpful:

http://www.zion.national-park.com/camping.htm#camp
      My Other Interest

Comment

Oh yea, if you camp at South Campground, don't put your tent under a Mulberry tree...learn from my mistake! Mulberry's will be everywhere and the Deer come and eat them at night, one was standing on a corner of our tent eating from the tree!
        My Other Interest

Comment

In Zion there is a gear store/guide service there (I forget the name but I'll look it up) where you can get showers for cheap. You might want to check out Canyonlands which is just south of Arches.
          Sgt. Richard V. Gilbert
          USMC Retired
          Scout/Sniper

Comment

Working...
          X