Official Colorado Resident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Colorado Resident

Yea, I know I move a lot, but I think this is it for me. I am in Mancos, Co. just outside of Mesa Verde...in fact, I can see it from my driveway!

Anyways, just checking in.
    My Other Interest

Re: Official Colorado Resident

Great to hear about your move to colorful Colorado! Happy too that you're safe! Post when you can and up load some pics too.
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Thanks Reno! I haven't done any camping or anything yet, just looking for jobs and trying to get the ol' 85 Chevy to adapt to the new altitude. It went from 7' above sea level to 7,300!! It can't breath! It's in the shop right now getting the timing backed down and the jets are being swapped.

I will be taking a photography class this summer. Can't wait to share some beautiful pics with you all! I need to go on my old facebook and retrieve my pics from there.

I'll be checking in again, missed this place!
      My Other Interest

Comment

You lose 3% horsepower for every 1000' of elevation gain. So your engine had about a 1/4 of the power of sea level. To bad I live on the other end of the state, or I would swing by and say high. There seems to be a lot to do down your way. I remember a bunch of hot spring tubs and pools. I wish I could remember the name of that ranch we went to that had cowboy cooking, a cowboy singing show and a couple of other things. I want to say "Bar D" or "Bar K". You might want to do some research and check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by shawnbebout View Post
          You lose 3% horsepower for every 1000' of elevation gain. So your engine had about a 1/4 of the power of sea level. To bad I live on the other end of the state, or I would swing by and say high. There seems to be a lot to do down your way. I remember a bunch of hot spring tubs and pools. I wish I could remember the name of that ranch we went to that had cowboy cooking, a cowboy singing show and a couple of other things. I want to say "Bar D" or "Bar K". You might want to do some research and check it out.

I think I know the ranch you are talking about. I am also excited to do the Silverton train trip. Haven't really done much except some shooting.
          My Other Interest

Comment

Post up Silver!

Comment

Originally posted by renodesertfox View Post
              Post up Silver!

I'm tryin' Reno!
              My Other Interest

Comment

Do you still have a FB account? How's it going, summer time so I guess the weather is better than....anywhere....pushing 96 degrees here in Renoland. Happy for your move! Ton of work, don't let me pressure you!

Comment

FB is deactivated for an undetermined length of time. I need to get my pics though if I can reactivate it.

I just drove home from the town of Cortez and I look at my surroundings and can't believe I actually live here, it's like a dream!
                  This is the kind of place I would go to to get away from it all, and now it is my backyard!

I can see the mountains where Telluride is, I can see Mesa Verde and the Sleeping Ute Mountains all at once if I go up the road. It smells of pine and horses outside. It's warm, but not too hot...maybe hit 85 or 90 yesterday. I am dying to go fishing, but lack of money prevents me from getting a license just yet. There are 2 turkeys who have been hanging out in the backyard by the chickens for almost 2 weeks. The ducks in the pond sound like they are laughing! I even have a little boat I can paddle around the pond in and just relax.

Yea, it really sucks here
                  My Other Interest

Comment

I am really bummed. Just tried to reactivate my old FB to get my pics and I guess it's been to long and it is gone. Forever. All my photos are gone. They exist on the PC in Fairfield I used to use (I think) but I don't have access to that anymore. D@mn, there were some good ones from Joshua Tree that I really hoped to get.
                    Last edited by SilverMaggie; 06-24-2011, 10:37 AM.
                    My Other Interest

Comment

Glad to hear that you're gettin settled in....too bad about FB, start another and move on. If you ever get back to Fairfield may find the PC and retrieve your pics. Or if a good friend is a good friend maybe you can retrieve them that way. Happy that you like your new location. Thanks for remembering us!

I check your FB page and it seems it's still active. Hope this helps.

Here, I copied some pics, does it help?
                      http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...038.1236743158

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...892.1236743158

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...084.1236743158

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...712.1236743158

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...643.1236743158
                      Last edited by renodesertfox; 06-24-2011, 11:26 AM.

Comment

I click on them and it says "content unavailable"

Thanks for trying though. I'm hoping my friend still has them on his pc...
                        My Other Interest

Comment

Sorry, I tried.

Comment

It's ok, I appreciate it!
                            My Other Interest

Comment

Working...
                            X