Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sandpoint and Coeur d'alene... suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandpoint and Coeur d'alene... suggestions?

Hi,

We are a family of 5 (3 kids 5 and under) from Canada. We had heard wonderful things about Sandpoint and Coeur d'alene in general, but no one has given any specifics.

I have spend several hours trying to narrow down a campsite that is suitable for a 29' trailer and that is family oriented with nice beach/swimming and playgrounds on site. So far I have come up empty and I am having a difficult time finding photos of the parks.

I did come across Silverwood Theme park, but I was thinking we could drive there and stay a little closer to water.

Can anyone suggest any great family camp grounds in this area?

I really appreciate your responses.

Thanks!

Re: Sandpoint and Coeur d'alene... suggestions?

Erika just ran across this post. Farragut State Park is about as nice campground as you can find in that area of Idaho. Its 30 miles north of Coeur d Alene just off of US 95 turn east at Athol on Id 54 its 6 miles to the park entrance. The Silverwood Theme Park is on US 95 about 10 to15 miles south of Farragut SP and Sandpoint about 30 miles north on US 95. Both Farragut amd Sandpoint are on Lake Pend Oreille. I worked as a volunteer at Farragut the summer of 2009 you won't find any nicer or more helpful Rangers than those at Farragut we loved the summer we spent there.
    Farragut has a lot of camp sites that a 29ft trailer would easely fit into. I personaly liked the Waldon campgrounds of Nighthauk, Redtail or kestrel. But they all are nice and big sites also at Gilmore and Snowberry campgrounds. the above sites have water & elect. and there are dump stations. They were $21 a night in 09 might be more now. Whitetail campground is for tents and smaller trailers they are non elect. sites. All campgrounds are wooded lots of trees. Farragut has playgrounds, boat ramps, shooting range, camper cabins, Disc or Frisbee Golf, a very good swimming hole and lots of hiking trails. You will also have the chance to see wildlife. Farragut was a WW2 Navy Training Station and named after a Navy Officer
    If you go and have the time take a boat tour of Lake Pend Oreille at Sandpoint and a boat tour of Lake Coeur d Alene at Coeur d Alene its well worth the cost.
    When and if you go post some new info and pictures of your trip.
    I have posted a few pictures to wet your appetite.

Waldon Campground
    Click image for larger version

Name:	7-7-09 Farragut S P    Id. (3).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	69508

Shower & Restroom
    Click image for larger version

Name:	7-7-09 Farragut S P    Id. (4).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	69511