New Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Here

Hi, new to the forum. Is there anyone on here that goes camping in South Carolina?

Re: New Here

I'm looking forward to hearing responses - I think I want to move to South Carolina! Hoping to get there soon on a scouting trip and would love to camp during my travels.
    Total nights sleeping outdoors in 2013: 28

Comment

I know nothing about South Carolina, but WELCOME to CF!!
      My Other Interest

Comment

Howdy sunrose, I moved this thread to the Southeastern section of "Where to Go" because this is where it belongs. You are interested in camping in S. Carolina. If your intro had been more general you would have remained in the tent section. Just remember, you have a few more posts to go during the moderation period. Don't fret, everyone, including I have had to go through the process. Thanks for joining and happy camping!
        Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
        Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

I've been to Kings Mountain SP, Lake Wateree SP, Chester SP, and a few others. All of the SC state parks are usually very nice, and very well maintained. The SP are usually cheaper than individually owned campgrounds. We personally love Kings Mountain SP because its only about an hour away from our home, and it has lots of bike trails, a nice playground, and its on an old Military type training ground so you can go for a tour, and an old barn. Its only $19 a night too! HTH

Comment

What's the bear situation in SC state parks?

Comment

Welcome to the forum SunRose.

WT
              "It's better to have that and not need it than it is to need it and not have it" - Captain Woodrow F. Call

Nights spent out in 2014: 1

Comment

Originally posted by GlitterHiker View Post
                What's the bear situation in SC state parks?
                I've been camping in SC for over 8 years and never encountered a bear.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenskis View Post
                  I've been camping in SC for over 8 years and never encountered a bear.
                  Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                  X