Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cades Cove Campground, Tennesse

Howdy,

Normally I hang out in the Southwest area since Las Vegas is my home, but my wife was born in Tennesse near Knoxville and when we first married we camped at Cades Cove Campground. It is located in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and about 9 miles from Townsend, TN. There are over 2 million visitors every year that come to enjoy the scenery and it's many historic buildings. Cades Cove was the first valley settled by pioneers 200 years ago or more. There are 159 camping sites. Popular activities would be hiking, bicycling the 11-mile loop road and observing wildlife.

Campsites include a 13 x 13' tent pad, a firering with cooking grill and apicnic table with a lantern pole. Reasonable generator use is allowed in B loop; generator use is prohibited altogether in C looop from May 15th- October 31st. The dump station is open year around but provids limited service in winter months. Campsites are available on a first come, first served basis from Novemebr 1-May 14th.

More info is available at the park website: http://www.nps.gov/grsm. The park mailing address is Great Smoky Mountain National Park, 107 Park Headquarters Rd, Gatlinburg, TN 37738.
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

the included tent pad is nice. A couple of years ago my daughter and son-in-law and grandkids camped at Cades Cove with us. The grandkids thought the rangers moving a bear from the campground was fun.
    2006 GMC Sierra 1500 HD Crewcab
    2004 Rockwood Freedom 1640 LTD
    I am not lost, I am here

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...ost=good-times

Comment

Cades Cove...

Howdy Sir purdy,

Thanks for the comment and sharing! I told my wife who is also on her own dell, this sight just needs a gentle boost. I've camped everywhere but Florida. Its good communicating! Ever been out west?

Comment

Cades Cove again...

Howdy jpurdy,

I spent a couple of hours tooling around your posts, man you've done a fine job where your foxhole is located at! Hope I can keep up, no I will keep up! Your research is very good! I dig your ideas very well!

Comment

Thanks, I enjoy digging for interesting stuff, at least interesting to me.
          There are few shows I enjoy on TV so I put some sounds to the ears and dig away.
          I have never camped on the desert or plains . I would guess that they would offer many surprises and would be much different than I imagine
          Glad you stopped by
          John
          2006 GMC Sierra 1500 HD Crewcab
          2004 Rockwood Freedom 1640 LTD
          I am not lost, I am here

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...ost=good-times

Comment

Cades Cove

Howdy John,

Thanks for commenting...just got back from another great weekend of camping with my bride of over 20 years. We went again to Lake Mead. Tomorrow I'll post new stuff!

Comment

Working...
            X