Secluded places to camp in summer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secluded places to camp in summer?

I'm in the upstate of SC and really want to go camping in the next couple weeks but don't want to be next to a bunch of people. Anyone know any campgrounds that aren't very populated this time of year? Or is that insane, and everywhere will be busy during the summer? I'm also for hiking somewhere to camp but it couldn't be too far b/c I don't really have lightweight stuff to carry on a hike. Thanks!

Re: Secluded places to camp in summer?

Pisgah national forest isn't far from me, and looks like an interesting place to check out. On the website, it talks about car camping. Does this mean the sites are right next to the road, or do you hike a little ways to get to the site? Do you think if I arrived about 8am on a saturday morning I could snag a spot?

Comment

Thanks alot! That is very helpful!

Comment

Carmen you should look into Jones gap state park its great.me and a few of my gal pals are going for our secound anaual (tan your hide) girls weekend this weekend.

Comment

Carmen, My Friends and Family really enjoy a place we been going to for 28 years now, it is secluded with low useage and only 6 camp sites spaced a good distance apart. There is running water and a nice outhouse and shelter close by. I'm talking about a place in Southwestern Virginia in The Mount Rogers NRA.
          Here is a video of this years trip there. I hope you enjoy!
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZqdapvz2Ao&feature=plcp

Comment

sumter national forrest, cherry hill rec area off highway 107 was basically vacant during the week of the fourth. the primitive section of oconee was dead, not one camper in the primitive sites during the forth. although crowded on many days, devil's fork state park over in salem is a good and nice place to camp along with ceasar's head sp...

Comment

Uwharrie National Forest, or Morrow Mountain State Park

Comment

Working...
              X