Florida Keys Camping Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida Keys Camping Suggestions

Hi all, stopped by to see if anyone has done any extensive amount of camping in the Keys. My girlfriend and I spent the New Year's holiday camping at a place that was more suited for RVs than tents, which is what we took. I was hoping someone here knew of any good places to camp that are more low-key and natural than the typical campground full of RVs for our next trip down.

Thanks.

You might want to try Key Largo Campground. I camped there a few years ago and it was a really cool campground. Clean restrooms with hot showers. They also have a nice pool there. You might need special stakes for your tent since the Keys are all coral and the ground is really hard.

Harry

Comment

If you are heading for the Keys you can take a detour before you get there. Check you map and head for Flamingo in the Everglades National Park. If you want Florida back country here is where you can get it. Bring a canoe or a kayak and explore Florida like it used to be. Nothing commercial about it.

The turnoff is in Homestead and it is worth the trip.

Comment

Sugarloaf Key is the southernmost KOA. The wife and I loved it a couple of years back. One tip, if you plan to pup a tent, take a sharpenned piece of rebar to make hole for your stakes.

Comment

Working...
        X